Short-term assessment of the Civic Integration Act (Wib)
- Wilkinson, C., Goedvolk, M., Dieten, S. van
- WODC, Significant BV
- Place of publication:
- Year of publication:
The Civic Integrtion Abroad Act (Wib) came into force in 2006. The aim of this act is to make sure that immigrants already have a basic knowledge of the Dutch language and the Dutch society before they arive in the Netherlands. Four main question are answered in this evalutation:
1. How does the Wib work in practice?
2. To what extent does the Wib function as a selection mechanism with regard to the inflow of foreign nationals?
3. What effect does the Wib have on newcomers taking the integration programme?
4. What effect does the Wib have on the further integration of newcomers after completing the integration programme?
- Significant APE
- Parijsboulevard 209d
- 3541 CS Utrecht