First inventory of policy on counterterrorism: Germany, France, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom and the United States - 'research in progress'
- Experiences with terrorism and counterterrorism in Germany, France, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom and the United States
- Description of counterterrorism policies in countries investigated
- Conclusions and discussion
- Neve, R., Vervoorn, L., Leeuw, F., Bogaerts, S.
- Place of publication:
- The Hague
- Year of publication:
- Cahiers 2006-03a
This report presents a first inventory of measures aimed at combating radicalisation, extremism and terrorism (referred to as counterterrorism policy) in Germany, France, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom and the United States. Researchers in these countries have drawn up working documents. This inventory can serve as a point of departure for the registration of policy developments and to obtain insight into their effectiveness.
Appendix: Project description
1. Country report on Germany - H.J. Albrecht
2. Overview of the French anti-terrorism strategy - D. Bigo and C. Camus
3. Italian contribution to the NCTB counterterrorism project - M. Montauti and B. Vettori
4. Counterterrorism strategies in Spain - A. Gómez-Céspedes and A.I. Cerezo Dominguez
5. The United States and Counterterrorism: history, measures and lessons - A. Petrosino