Alternatives to prison sentences
Experiences and development
- Background and origins of alternative sanctions
- Objectives and directives
- The administrators and their responsibilities
- The effectiveness of alternative sanctions
- Concluding remarks: conclusions and recommendations
- Junger-Tas, J.
- Place of publication:
- Amsterdam/New York
- Year of publication:
This study presents an overview of experiences with alternative sanctions in other countries with a view to the future development of the Dutch sanctioning system. The principal objective of the study was to examine the use of alternatives to prison with respect to their effectiveness and efficiency.