Registration of stop and identify actions to prevent ethnic profiling (full text only available in Dutch)
- Woestenburg, N., Ridder, J. de, Krol, E.
- University Groningen - Pro Facto, WODC
- Place of publication:
- University Groningen - Pro Facto
- Year of publication:
The questions underlying this research are:
To what extent is it apparent on the basis of the literature and documentation that so called 'stopforms' help to prevent and combat ethnic profiling? Can any results that might emerge from the use of stopforms be applied to the Dutch police organisation? What elements will need adjusting for this?
These questions are answered based on the following subquestions:
1. Where and how are stopforms used? (England and Wales, Spain, France)
2. What do we know about the effect of stopforms?
3. To what extent does the use of stopforms contribute to preventing ethnic profiling when the police is stopping people for questioning or searching?
4. What conditions influence the effect?
5. To what extent can the effect observed elsewhere be expected to materialise under Dutch conditions?
- Pro Facto
- 050 3139853
- 050 3183426