Current trends in society that effect community policing
(full text only available in Dutch)
- To make an inventory of the main trends in society that affect community policing.
- To gain insight in how these trends affect Community policing.
- To identify potential needs for additional requirements, training or continuing professional development.
- decentralisations in the social domain, including healthcare, social and youth work;
- digitalisation including social media;
- demographic developments, migration, influx of refugees;
- radicalisation, terrorism and the threats of terror;
- internationalisation of crime and subversive crime;
- increasing tourism, large scale events, and activities in the hospitality sector.
- Lakerveld, J.A. van, Gussen, I.W.M., Stoutjesdijk, F.D., Tönis, I.C.M., Zoete, J. De
- University Leiden - PLATO, WODC
- Place of publication:
- University Leiden - PLATO
- Year of publication:
The Dutch Minister of Security and Justice initiated a research project:
The dominant current trends affecting Community Oriented Policing derived from literature study and interviews appeared to be:
- Universiteit Leiden - Platform Opleiding, Onderwijs en Organisatie (Plato)
- 071 527 34 18
- 071 527 36 19