(Mis)connected in a smart society
The Internet of Things: opportunities, threats and measures (full text only available in Dutch)
- What is the Internet of Things?
- Which opportunities does the IoT present?
- What challenges, pitfalls and threats does the IoT bring?
- What measures can stakeholders take to further the opportunities of the IoT and mitigate the threats?
- Berkel, J.J. van, Pool, R.L.D., Harbers, M., Oerlemans, J.J., Bargh, M.S., Braak, S.W. van den
- Place of publication:
- The Hague
- Year of publication:
- Cahiers 2017-08
The Internet of Things (IoT) is a network of ’smart’ devices, sensors and other ob-jects, which are connected with each other and to the Internet. Several IoT applica-tions are widely used in our society and the adoption of IoT will only increase in the coming years. On the one hand, the IoT offers opportunities by introducing new technological possibilities. On the other hand, it also brings new threats, related to cyber security.
The key question of this research report is: What are the opportunities and threats of the IoT and how can various stakeholders influence the development of the IoT in the Netherlands in a positive way? To answer this research question, the following sub-questions were formulated.
- Voor een electronische versie - zie: bijlagen (rechtsboven) (only available as pdf)