Evaluation Public Prosecution Service (Settlement) Act
(full text only available in Dutch)
- What did the legislator envisage with the Public Prosecution Service (Settlement) Act?
- How is the Public Prosecution Service (Settlement) Act being implemented in practice, and is his in accordance with the legislator’s objectives and expectations?
- Abels, D., Benschop, A., Blom, T., Coster van Voorhout, J., Korf, D.J., Liebregts, N., Vriend, K.
- University of Amsterdam - Bonger Institute of Criminology, WODC
- Place of publication:
- University of Amsterdam - Bonger Institute of Criminology
- Year of publication:
The Public Prosecution Service (Settlement) Act provides for the imposition of a sentence in a criminal law context without court intervention by issuing a “punishment order”. In 2010, the police punishment order was introduced (art. 257b Sv) and, in 2012, the administrative punishment order (art. 257ba Sv).
The problem statement of this research project was broken down into two parts, which can be defined as follows:
- Bonger Instituut voor Criminologie - Universiteit Amsterdam
- 020 5252058
- 020 5253943