Evaluation of the Dutch Gambling Authority 2012-2016 (full text only available in Dutch)
- Thiel, S., Erp, J. van, Kruijf, J. de, Kingma, S., Blom, R., Bouwman, R.
- Radboud University - Institute for Management Research, University Utrecht, VU Amsterdam, WODC
- Place of publication:
- Radboud University - Institute for Management Research
- Year of publication:
The Gambling Authority (GA) is the independent regulator for gambling. The tasks of the GA are laid down in Article 33 of Gambling Act: issuing permits to suppliers, encouraging the prevention of gambling addiction, monitoring compliance with gambling legislation, and ensuring that legislation is enforced, including the suppression of criminal activity. The GA was founded in 2012 as a so-called non-departmental administrative body. The evaluation concerns the period between 2012 and 2016, the first five years of the GA’s existence.
The central research question is as follows: To what extent is the GA effective and efficient?
- Radboud Universiteit Nijmegen - Institute for Management Research
- Thomas van Aquinostraat 5
- 6525 GD Nijmegen
- 024 361 59 95