Internet-facilitated drugs trade
An analysis of the size, scope and the role of the Netherlands
- To characterise the scope and the size of Internet-facilitated drugs trade;
- To identify the role of the Netherlands in Internet-facilitated drugs trade;
- To delineate potential avenues for law enforcement for detection and intervention.
- An introduction to Internet-facilitated drugs trade
- The size and shape of Internet-facilitated drugs trade
- Shipping routes
- Actors involved in Internet-facilitated drugs trade
- Detection and intervention of Internet-facilitated drugs trade
- Kruithof, K., Aldridge, J., Décary-Hétu, D., Sim, M., Dujso, E., Hoorens, S.
- RAND Europe, WODC
- Place of publication:
- RAND Europe
- Year of publication:
This report aims to investigate the role of the Internet in facilitating drugs trade. Special attention will therefore be paid to the role of Dutch actors in facilitating this trade. The overall aims of this study are:
The study considers trade via cryptomarkets as well as drugs trade facilitated by the clear net. For reasons explained below, the emphasis of the quantitative analysis is on cryptomarkets.
Table of Contents
- Rand Europe
- Rue de la Loi, Bte 3
- 1040 Brussels