Optimal security for offenders during penitentiary stay and transport
An exploratory study of possible discrepancies, differences, solutions and costs (full text only available in Dutch)
- To what extent support can be found for the proposition that an adjustment of the current method of security level assignment (SLA) of offenders to optimal and possibly lower (starting and subsequent) levels will lead to fewer escapes, fewer violent incidents, a reduction in recidivism, and lower costs?
- To what extent support can be found for the proposition that there is often a discrepancy between the security levels regarding housing and transport of offenders? If there is any discrepancy, what are the possibilities for better aligning?
- If possibilities for optimizing the security of individuals arise: what are (indications of) their financial consequences?
- Vogelvang, B.O., Jong, B.J. de, Sondorp, J.E.
- Van Montfoort, WODC
- Place of publication:
- Year of publication:
The research has been designed as an exploratory study, aiming to answer three key questions:
- Adviesbureau Van Montfoort
- 0348 481200
- 0348 481499