Communication and Strategy of the Afghan Taliban, from the perspective of its leadership
(full text only available in Dutch)
- To what extent is Taliban communication about their ideology, goals and strategy in line with their actual conduct?
- Can Taliban communication be used as a means to forecast the future positioning and conduct of this organization?
- Wessels, G., Leede, S.A.M. de, Bakker, E.
- Centre for Terrorism en Contraterrorism - University Leiden, WODC
- Place of publication:
- Den Haag
- Centre for Terrorism en Contraterrorism - University Leiden
- Year of publication:
As a result of a more limited military presence of the Netherlands in Afghanistan the Dutch information position regarding the Taliban has decreased as well. Realizing that insight in the developments in Afghanistan in general and the Taliban in particular will remain relevant to the Netherlands, the question rises to what extent the public communication by the Taliban could provide insight into the (future) positioning and conduct of this organization. This general question is divided into the following two research questions:
- Universiteit Leiden - Centrum voor Terrorisme en Contraterrorisme