Distinct approach of young adults in the (juvenile) criminal justice system
an international comparison (full text only available in Dutch)
- Which European countries have a distinct approach towards young adults in the justice system?
- What does this distinct approach entail during the different phases of the criminal proceedings (prosecution, trail and sanctioning)?
- Are there specific criteria that need to be met to be eligible for this distinct approach?
- What are similarities between the Dutch distinct approach and the distinct approach in other European countries?
- What is known about the extent that a distinct approach has been applied in other European countries?
- Which sanctions or interventions are applied on young adults who committed a crime in other European countries?
- What is known about the effectivity of the sanctions and interventions applied on young adults who committed a crime in other European countries?
- Zeijlmans, K., Sipma, T., Laan, A.M. van der
- Place of publication:
- Den Haag
- Year of publication:
- Cahiers 2019-14
The goal of this report is to gain insights in the distinct approach of young adults in the justice system in other European countries and to compare these approaches with the Dutch approach towards young adults. The research questions are:
- Voor een electronische versie - zie: bijlagen (rechtsboven) (only available as pdf)